Richmond Train Station began running trains from Dalton to Richmond in 1846 and was well used by tourists, soldiers and farmers. The station closed in 1969. Since then, the station has been redeveloped and today the remains of the Victorian building have been transformed into a modern attraction including a 3-screen cinema, café/restaurant, bakery, ice cream maker and independent handmade jewellery and gift shops. All levels are wheelchair accessible.
Enjoy a stroll too along the old railway track to Easby Abbey